Sunday, July 31, 2005

Can Man Grows







Can Man was half-full already by Sunday morning, taking shape on the steps of the church.

When Glendales arrived for their Sunday clear up, this young man kindly assisted the project by filling him.

I found this newspaper placed carefully on the ground all around the mound at the Liverpool Road end of the park.

I was very impressed - someone had responded to the invitation to make art by improvising an installation with found materials.

Or had a newspaper simply not been binned properly, and was the placement just an example of John Cage-style random beauty? Either way, I was still impressed.

As I photographed the results, which I found quite pleasing, a gentle wind blew the pages further across the lawns.

I began to suspect the garden itself was playing along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter PROMENADED SINCE JULY 24th 2005